line of dry chemical models covers most hazards associated with
watercraft. All models feature corrosion resistant, attractive white
finish. Disposable and rechargeable models are available. All models
come with retention brackets and meet U.S.C.G approvals.
Coast Guard Approved fire extinguishers are required
on boats where a fire hazard could be expected from the motors or the
Fire Extinguishers are required on boats when any of
thefollowing conditions exist:
• Inboard engines are installed
• There are closed compartments and compartments under seats where
portable fuel tanks may be stored.
• There are double bottoms not sealed to the hull or which are not
completely filled with flotation materials.
• There are closed living spaces.
• There are closed stowage compartments in which combustible or
flammable materials are stored.
• There are permanently installed fuel tanks. (Fuel tanks secured so
they cannot be moved in case of fire or other emergency are considered
permanently installed. There are no gallon capacity limits to determine
if a fuel tank is portable. If the weight of a fuel tank is such that
persons on board cannot move it, the Coast Guard considers it
Suitable for use on Class B (liquids & gases) and ClassC fires
(energized electrical equipment).
The Mariner 10 unit is fitted with a pressure gauge that provides
at-a-glance status, is manufactured from lightweight aluminum and a
tough nylon valve assembly.
Features bilingual nameplate and carton
• Easy-to-read gauge tells you fire extinguisher is charged and ready
• Clear instruction label using graphics to show steps required to
• Easy-to-pull safety pin
• Rust and impact resistant nylon handle
• 2.9 lb of fire extinguishing agent (Average)
• 6 year limited warranty
• UL approved strap retention bracket
• Coast Guard (U.S.C.G) approved when fitted with supplied mounting
• Powder coated cylinder for corrosion protection
|Net agent weight (Average)
|| 2.9 lb
|Unit weight (Average)
|| 3.9 lb
|| 13.75 inches
|Valve, handle, lever